2017 Goals

7:45 PM


Reading

This year I want to have an amazing reading year. That doesn't necessary mean I want to read 100 books because that's not naturally possible for me. I have lots of other things going on in my life and hobbies I enjoy that doesn't allow me to read that much, and I'm okay with that. What I mean about having an amazing reading year, I mean reading more books that I want to read, reading books I've been meaning to read (for a long while) and feeling good about reading the books I choose to read.

I've had books on my shelf for years that I want to read and (obviously, some books that I've probably already forgot about and that can wait to be read) I want to focus on reading those books that are sitting there that I have spent money on and that I haven't even touched. Some of those books that I'm dying to read are The Girl with the Hornets Nest, The Valley of the Dolls and Station Eleven.

For a few years now, I've been making a clear list of my yearly goals and I'm going to do that again. I like to have those goals but I leave myself free range in picking the books that are going to complete those goals. When my goals tend to be more specific, I feel constricted, I don't have as much fun reading. But I'm a girl of lists and will make lists about everything revolving what I'm planning on reading (TBR), what I'm currently reading and what I've read (wrap ups) monthly, yearly, etc.. 

I can read 50 books and looking at my previous Goodreads Challenge it's easily seen, but I wanted to push myself a little, so this year one of my goals is to read 75 books. Within those 75 books I want 6 of those books to be written by Canadian authors and I want to read more of the books I haven't had time to read because of new books and/or review books. I love reading new releases and reviewing books but I want to finally get around to those books.

2017 Goals

  1. Read 75 books
  2. Read 6 Canadian authors
  3. Read more books I've been wanting to read over the last few years

That's it! I'll be wrapping up my 2016 goals very soon.

Blog


My goals for my blog this year is to write/post more than book reviews and I've been making this more of a focus the last couple of months. If you follow my blog, you will notice I've posted a cover reveal, guest post, a new series titled "Adulting is Hard" and I have started including blurbs about why I'm excited for the new releases I feature in my monthly "Anticipated Releases". However, I also want to review more books than I did last year. In 2016, I reviewed 31 books on my blog and I read a told of 62 books but I write something for every book I read on Goodreads ever if it's a short blurb about how I enjoyed it.


  1. Write/post more content in addition to book reviews
  2. Write more reviews (in comparison to 2016)


If you don't already follow me here's the link to my page: https://www.goodreads.com/alexatalksbooks.

YouTube

I want to find my niche in the community. The last few months I've been struggling with a few things in order to keep my YouTube channel consistent and up-to-date. At first, I didn't have the energy to film, and I explained why in my "Adulting is Hard" posts, then winter came along and, again, I've been figuring out what I want to be talking about and figuring out when is the best time to film. YouTube has also been on the back burner for a little while because I wanted to focus on my blog a bit more. I hope this year I'll be able to balance both much better in addition to my full-time job.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews