Zero - Morgan Dark | Book Review

7:29 PM

Pages: 378, Ebook
Publication date: June 28, 2016
Publisher: Rubinos 1860
How I got the copy: Sent by the publisher
Rating: 4/5

Summary:

A baffling robber.


A mystery hidden for years.

And an elite boarding school where no one is who they say they are.


Kyle Bradford is the envy of Drayton College, but everything takes a turn when a dangerous shadow, hidden in the darkness, starts to stalk him. From then on, his life falls apart. Unjustly accused of being the main suspect behind the robberies terrifying high society, he is forced to prove his innocence. And to do so, he has to find the real culprit: Zero, an infallible criminal who keeps his identity hidden under a silver mask. What Kyle does not know is that his enemy is keeping a secret.

A secret he would sacrifice everything for.

A dizzying, heart-stopping thriller you won’t be able to put down.




Review:
I was pleasantly surprised by this book, before being pitched this book by the publisher I contemplated if I would accept or deny this request. Mostly because I didn't want to commit to almost 400 pages of a book I wasn't sure I would even like but I'm glad I gave it a chance because this was a good book. 

Firstly, this is a YA thriller/mystery and I love this genre. Secondly, I'd recommend to stick through the entire book before writing it off. The beginning of the book was okay but the more I read the more I enjoyed it. There are so many surprises that readers won't see what's coming next. During the first half of this book everything seems basic and like your typical YA and YA thriller but there's a point in the book where so many twist and turns happen and readers won't even believe they're reading the same book. 

This book was translated from Spanish to English and released on June 28, 2016.

The way this book was formatted, at least with the ebook copy I was provided with, had weird chapter sections. For example, some chapters could have continued to be a single chapter instead of being separated. In total, there are over 100 chapters and Morgan uses "..." a whole lot! 

Overall, I enjoyed Zero. It pleasantly surprised me with unexpected plot twists and I found it quite unique from the typical YA mystery/thriller. I'd recommend it to those who are interested from reading the synopsis and to readers who enjoy YA mystery/thrillers!




Rating:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews