Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins | Book Review

12:53 PM

Pages: 339 Paperback
Publication date: August 4th, 2014
Publisher: Dutton
How I got the copy: Bought
Rating:  5 out of 5
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #3

Summary:
Love ignites in the City That Never Sleeps, but can it last? 

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart. 

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.


Review:
I really enjoy Stephanie Perkins work and if you're already a fan of Perkins' novels, you will enjoy Isla and the Happily Ever After and continue to enjoy her other work.

This is the final instalment of the Anna and the French Kiss companion novels, I'm sad to see this series end but I'm excited to see what Perkins will create next. With Isla we are back in Paris but see a little bit of New York and Barcelona too! I love the settings of Perkins' novels, the setting enough is swoonworthy. Another thing I love about this series is how the characters from the previous novel(s) alway pop in and the relation they have to the main characters of the book. I enjoy when novels do this, a lot.

Even though I really enjoyed this novel and have given it a 5 stars, it's probably my least favourite of the series. There's a point during this novel where Isla becomes a total wreck, doesn't talk/think about much else (except for the problem) and is totally disconnected from everything else going on. It wasn't the problem that I didn't enjoy, it was how repetitive Isla and the plot became. However, after that section of the book everything I enjoyed about Perkins' novels came back and I really enjoyed it.

My love for Stephanie Perkins novels are also weight by how her novels make me feel when I read them! I love love stories and I love those cheesy moments some people hate. I live for them in romance (for the most part).

Rating:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews