P.S I Still Love You – Jenny Han | Review

3:24 PM

Pages: 337 Hardcover
Publication date: May 26th, 2015
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
How I got the copy: Purchased
Rating:  5 out of 5
Series: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before #2

Summary:

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.


Review:

Jenny Han is very good at writing YA romance and I highly enjoyed this sequel. I actually enjoyed this sequel better than To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. As a conclusion, P.S I Still Love You covers everything needed to wrap Lara Jean and Peter’s friendship/relationship but even though, I could probably read about them forever. Their relationship is just too cute to describe, and the struggles Lara Jean finds herself struggling with can be comparable to everyday high school life struggles.

As much as I love Peter... He made so many mistakes. So many mistakes, over and over again. I wanted to knock sense into him. There was a lot of lack of communication but I can understand take, we're reading about young teenagers here. 

When one of the situations happen to Lara Jean involving social media, Jenny Han made sure to write about feminism. It’s a really good message for young readers to know; it can help young readers get through possibly a similar situation. She writes it, as it’s okay. You can get through it and if it were gender roles reversed it wouldn’t be a big deal.

It’s crazy how people can be so malicious for little to no reason at all and it's not okay. Having books that expose these type of malicious acts and having the them fail in certain ways is a positive messages. 

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is a really good YA romance duology. I promise you will fall in love with Peter and John Ambrose. Or one but I’m 100% both.


Rating:


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I still haven't read this, even the first book. :( I hope I'll be able to read them before the year ends. Great review by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you get around to it soon, they're adorable. This sequel made me cry and laugh and I hope you enjoy them just as much! Thank you so much :)

      Delete

Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews