Review: The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey

9:00 AM

Pages: 480 hardcover
Publication date: May 7th 2013
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
How I got the copy: Bought
Rating: 4 out of 5

Summary
:

The Passage meets Ender’s Game in an epic new series from award-winning author Rick Yancey.

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.



Review:

This was my first Rick Yancey book and from the first page I fell in love with the writing style of this book. I was humorous, the way the main character, Cassie would speak about the alien invasion was like a over hyped book. Everyone was talking about it and she was going on with life as if the "hovercraft" weren't watching them.

Going into this book I didn't  know anything other than it's supposed to be a book about aliens, which would be the first book I read about aliens and it was great. The 5th Wave has opened the door for me to try out more alien books. Without telling you much about the plot, lets just say this is more than just about aliens and  I loved that Cassie is the main character giving us a female protagonist as strong and independent as her to fight aliens and defend humanity.

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars even though I loved it just because coming close to the end I felt it starting to drag a little bit. The book was full of action and kept you guessing then we hit 100 pages left and I was starting to loose interest but pushing through 50 more pages the book went back to action packed and ended great for the sequel. 

I would definitely recommend this book if you enjoy Sci-Fi or wanting to get into Sci-Fi. I wouldn't let the size of the book to intimidate you because it's easy to read and the pacing keeps you wanting to read more.

Rating:





Let me know what you think about this book if you've read it without leaving any spoilers in the comments below! 


Thanks for reading!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews