Review: Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography - Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colón

9:35 AM

Pages: 160 (hardback)
Publication date: September 16th, 2010
Publisher: Hill and Wang
How I got the copy: Library
Rating:  4 out of 5 Stars

Summary:

Drawing on the unique historical sites, archives, expertise, and unquestioned authority of the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, New York Times bestselling authors Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colón have created the first authorized and exhaustive graphic biography of Anne Frank. Their account is complete, covering the lives of Anne’s parents, Edith and Otto; Anne's first years in Frankfurt; the rise of Nazism; the Franks' immigration to Amsterdam; war and occupation; Anne's years in the Secret Annex; betrayal and arrest; her deportation and tragic death in Bergen-Belsen; the survival of Anne's father; and his recovery and publication of her astounding diary



Review:

I've been wanting to read Anne Frank for a long while already but I just haven't because I'm so busy with school and work right now. So, I thought that reading the graphic biography would give me the jest of how the story went without the long commitment and excessive explanations. 


I really enjoyed this book and the story wasn't how I thought it was going to be. It's a great inspirational story about how the Jews had to hide and fight to live. The only thing I didn't like, which is a personal comment, is that obviously it's a graphic novel but I still wanted a little bit more information and I kept reading the wrong text boxes first because they were clustered so close. That could have just been a mistake I was making since I don't read comics often.


Rating:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews