Tiger Eyes - Judy Blume Review

11:00 AM

Synopsis:

Davey has never felt so alone in her life. Her father is dead—shot in a holdup—and now her mother is moving the family to New Mexico to try to recover.

Climbing in the Los Alamos canyon, Davey meets the mysterious Wolf, who can read Davey’s “sad eyes.” Wolf is the only person who seems to understand the rage and fear Davey feels. 

Slowly, with Wolf’s help, Davey realizes that she must get on with her life. But when will she be ready to leave the past behind and move toward the future? Will she ever stop hurting?


Review:

This book was good and I liked it but I felt like I was missing some important information about the characters and left me unsatisfied at the end. I'm not saying the books ending wasn't decent because it was and I understand why Blume would leave it with "fill in the blank with your imagination" but I would have liked to know more about how Davey and her family settled at the end of the book or what happened to Wolf? I also understand realistically that you meet people and they disappear, with no knowing where they are or what they're doing but come on, give us a little more. 

This was a pretty emotional book and I give Blume for making me feel like I was the one who was affected by the death of someone close. It clearly showed how a family's relationship would become strained after a death and the struggles of picking up the pieces afterwards. 

However, I feel like the end was rushed to explain where some of the characters went and what they ended up doing. Blume could have elaborated and explained more about each character instead of everything being concluded in one paragraph briefly.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Alexa has read 5 books toward her goal of 75 books.
hide

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Alexa has read 2 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Badges

Professional Reader10 Book Reviews